Nevada Coalition to Prevent the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
Contact the Commission
Social Services Chief, Child Protective Services
On May 31, 2016, Governor Brian Sandoval signed Executive Order 2016-14 creating the Nevada Coalition to Prevent the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (Coalition) in response to a growing awareness of the need to identify and serve these child victims.
Mission: To combat commercial sexual exploitation of children in Nevada with a
trauma-informed and victim-centered approach.
Upon establishing the Nevada Coalition to Prevent the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (Coalition), Governor Sandoval directed the Coalition to prepare a comprehensive statewide strategic plan and recommendations on how to address the sex trafficking provisions of PL 113-183, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Aligning efforts by promoting strategic and coordinated services for victims at the State, county, local and tribal levels.
- Improving understanding by expanding and coordinating child sex trafficking-related research, data, and evaluations to support evidence-based victim services.
- Expanding access to services by providing outreach, training, and technical assistance to increase victim identification and expand the availability of services.
- Improving outcomes by promoting effective, culturally-appropriate, trauma-informed services that improve the short- and long-term health, safety, and well-being of child victims.
- Developing public awareness campaigns to better inform communities across Nevada about the commercial sexual exploitation of children.