The Nevada Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS), together in genuine partnership with families, communities and other governmental agencies, provides support and services to assist Nevada's children and families in reaching their full human potential. DCFS recognizes that Nevada's families are our future and children, youth and families thrive when they:
- Live in safe, permanent settings
- Experience a sense of sustainable emotional and physical well being
- Receive support to consistently make positive choices for family and the common good
DCFS Building Strong Communities Through Strengthening Families
Child welfare agencies in Nevada believe families are the primary providers for children’s needs. The safety and well-being of children is dependent upon the safety and well-being of all family members. Children, youth and families are best served when staff actively listens to them and invite participation in decision-making. We support full implementation of family centered practice by engaging families in child and family teams and offering individualized services to build upon strengths and meet the identified needs of the family.
Nevada’s Strategic Planning Framework
The Division works to align its activities with the Governor's four over-arching Strategic Priorities which are the foundation of his administration. They include
- Vibrant and Sustainable Economy
- Educated and Healthy Citizenry
- Safe and Livable Communities
- Efficient and Responsive State Government
View Nevada's Strategic Plan here.